Love sticky date pudding but hate all the nasty ingredients that can be added? Why not try creating your own healthy masterpiece at home with this saucy creation.
BRYN’S STICKY DATE PUDDING
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO
1 cup dates, pitted
1 tsp. bicarbonate soda
1 cup boiling water
1 1/3 cup almond meal
½ cup Banaban Coconut Sugar
¼ cup of ghee or coconut oil
Caramel Sauce Ingredients
1 cup Banaban Coconut Sugar
1 cup Banaban Coconut Cream
½ cup ghee or coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a circle or square baking tray with baking paper or for muffins, grease a twelve-cup muffin tin.
- Place dates and half the bicarbonate soda in a mixing bowl and add boiling water. Allow too stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Using a food processor or electric mixer beat the coconut sugar and ghee or coconut oil together first. Then add the eggs and continue to beat for a minute or so. After, add in the almond meal and dates until well combined.
- Add the mixture into the baking tray and place in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Once out of the oven place pudding onto wire rack to allow cooling.
Caramel Sauce Method
- While the pudding is baking, combine coconut sugar, cream and ghee or coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Remember to stir occasionally until boiled. Once boiled remove from heat and continue to stir until fully combined.
Tip – Serve caramel sauce warm over pudding and top with a rich coconut ice cream or coconut whipped cream! Enjoy!