The Coronas are a three piece indie rock band from Dublin, Ireland. Their last album Time Stopped, went to number one in Ireland and they have toured Australia four times.
They share their top tips for international acts touring Australia…
- Don’t try beat the jet lag! Just go with it. Every time we’ve toured Australia we’ve only been in the country for about 5 or 6 days so you don’t have time to adjust anyway. Red bull or coffee before you go onstage, nap whenever/wherever you can, any time of day!
- Load up your phone with audiobooks, podcasts and music. A lot of time flying and in airports is made easier if you have sufficient entertainment! Make sure your phone, wireless headphones, or laptops are always charged! So make sure you have a plug adaptor too!
- As an Irish band, it’s key to locate the best Irish bars before you embark on your tour. Just to locate the decent pints of Guinness! Also locate the best coffee places in advance, which again is key when fighting the jet lag!
- Don’t accidentally say “Hello Melbourne” when you walk on stage in Sydney. Only an idiot would do that. *cough cough – The most embarrassing moment of my career. It was the jet lag giving me brain fog!
- Last but by no means least, enjoy every minute! Australia is a beautiful place with lovely people. Next month we’ve got a couple of days off in Sydney so we’ve planned a couple of nights at the beach. Which reminds me of another tip, bring factor 50, especially if you’ve got fair Irish skin like us!