“Disconnected tells the story of how my father saved my life, from my own actions, in one of the darkest periods of my life. The yearning for a connection of any kind in a post-lockdown life is one that too many of us have all experienced. Through an unhealthy relationship with my mental health, I lost many personal relationships, resulting in a downward spiral, solo journey, that would eventually have me reconnect with my father, after many years of being apart. What began as a deeply negative and traumatic experience, has me now connecting to family, culture and life!”
- Tom Misch, a south london multi-instrumentalist, his ability to blend between genres and combine soul, blues, jazz, funk, disco, and MORE, is something that keeps me engaged for hours as I drift off into my own mind to contemplate life!
- FKJ, another multi-instrumentalist, who is self taught, and combines all of his sounds into one hour long, continuous performance via his incredible live looping skills. Highlighting not only his technical ability, but also his unique performance ability, through his stunning online visual creations.
- Billie Eillish, just an INCREDIBLY talented songwriter, with DEEP lyricism and a confidence in how she holds herself when connecting to her millions of fans. An incredible amount of intelligence and grace for someone of her age, that i just simply respect!
- John Mayer, this man has risen, over and over again, stepping up with each album, knowing EXACTLY what he’s doing and not skipping a beat! Out of this world guitar skills, one of a kind songwriting and smooth expression, is a recipe for good things!
- Pete Murray, bringing it back home with this Australian Legend, Pete was one of my first musical idols as a kid and inspired me to pick up a guitar! His albums Feeler and See The Sun got me through a lot of dark times growing up and will always have strong connections to the origins of my first music tastes.